Thursday 3 July 2008

50 Cent - 50 Cent Dismisses Ti Attack Claims


50 CENT has denied allegations his new G-UNIT song YOU SO TOUGH is aimed at rap rival T.I. - insisting it's just about "real-life situations".

The In Da Club hitmaker and bandmates Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo appear to take shots at T.I. with references to the Bring 'Em Out star's recent illegal weapons charges.

On the song, 50 Cent raps: "Nowadays this rap s**t ain't adding up/How n**gers get caught with 10 machine guns, only get 12 months?"

T.I. - real name Clifford Harris - reached a plea deal with prosecutors in March (08) over various charges, stemming from an incident last year (Oct07) when he allegedly tried to buy unregistered machine guns and silencers from an undercover agent.

As part of his plea deal, the rapper was sentenced to one year in prison and a minimum of 1,000 hours of community service.

But 50 Cent claims You So Tough isn't targetted at anyone in particular and is about realistic incidences, just like TV crime series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

He tells MTV.com, "It's like 'CSI': You use real-life situations to create something that's entertaining without being specific.

"When have you known me to be indirect with an issue? If I had a problem with any artist, trust me, they would know.

"It's not really directed at him. It's me taking real-life situations. These things are relevant to hip-hop, period. I make something that's interesting enough for people to sink their teeth into, and I move forward."





See Also